Long story short. As I found myself more and more working with e-commerce solutions for my family business I more often felt absolutely lost and incompetent. And at the same time maintaining (and growing) 600 k€ revenue online business as a hobby. It is hobby because I personally do not earn 🙂
So I decided to learn how things should(!) be done. Hopefully this also simplifies the purchasing process of developing services.
Some examples of tasks
- Use (and build?) custom API to get clients’ personal prices to WooCommerce (WC) store.
- Automatically generate XML from json to sync stocks.
- Generate customized csvs out of XML to speed up data updates.
- Send orders from WC to business software.
- Build simple php script for price calculations from XML to WC.
- Combine multiple XMLs from different sources to lower the number of cron jobs.
- Build regular backup system using command lines.
I wrote these down just in case. Maybe I will find these funny simple tasks by the end of curriculum.